Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crock Pot Taco Soup - Yummo!!!!

I don't think I've contributed to this blog at all (or have I?), but I wanted to add this recipe since my entire family loves it - so much that Hannah has actually taken it to school in her lunch box (thermos) and had kids at school say, "Oh wow. . that looks sooo good."  LOL

It's a crock pot recipe.



Ingredients:
1 lbs ground meat (we used venison)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 packet ranch dressing (dry powder)
1 packet taco seasoning (dry mix)
2 (4 oz) cans of diced green chiles (original recipe calls for 1 can rotel, but C can't have tomatoes)
2 cans Ranch Style Black Beans  (original recipe calls for pinto beans, but I like black beans more)
1 can hominy
8 oz 2% Velveeta (cubed)
2 cups water.

1.  Brown meat in skillet.  Stir frequently to break up clumps of meat.  When meat is no longer pint, drain off drippings.
2.  Spoon meat into slow cooker.  Add all remaining ingredients except Velveeta.  Mix well. 
3.  Cover.  Cook on Low 4 hours
4.  Stir in velveeta and let warm for 20 minutes.


Serving suggestions: Line each individual soup bowl with tortilla chips.  Then ladle Taco Soup on top and sprinkle with grated cheese.















































No comments: