Monday, February 18, 2008

bruschetta n cheese stuffed chicken breasts

Bruschetta n cheese stuffed chicken breasts
Prep Time:15 min
Total Time:1 hr
Makes:8 servings, one stuffed chicken breast each

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
1-1/4 cups KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 lb.)
1/3 cup KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Combine tomatoes, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the basil and dry stuffing mix; stir just until moistened.

PLACE 2 chicken breast halves in large freezer-weight resealable plastic bag. Pound chicken with meat mallet or side of heavy can until chicken is 1/4 inch thick. Repeat with remaining chicken, adding two at a time to bag. Place chicken, top-sides down, on cutting board; spread evenly with stuffing mixture. Starting at one of the narrow ends, tightly roll up chicken. Place, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish. Drizzle evenly with dressing.

BAKE 40 min. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake an additional 5 min. or until chicken is cooked through (165°F) and cheese is melted.

I got this recipe from Kraft Food and Family magazine. http://www.kraftfoods.com/
This recipe is my husband, Jim's favorite and my boys like it because they like plain chicken. I just put the stuffing on the side for them. I make this at quiet time and refrigerate it till i want to cook it.

I am adding this for Emily b/c it really helped me to understand how to make this dish. Click here to see how to make it

9 comments:

Nicole H. said...

This sounds yummy.

PCox said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!! My family loved this. Thanks Emily!!

PCox said...

Forgot to add something... I was at Bashas' and could not find the dressing ANYWHERE. I ended up buying Bernsteins Cheese & Garlic Italian Dressing and Marinade. It tasted great to me but I do want to try it with the dressing it calls for. Emily, where do you find it?

ToshaluvsChandler said...

let me know too couldn't find it at all!

EmEaster said...

I just bought it at our local grocery chain. hmmm....dillons, bakers, maybe safeway. I can't always find it all grocery stores. I know our Price Chopper has it, but they are locally owned in the KC area.

ToshaluvsChandler said...

Maybe it's a Kansas thing????? we are gonna be having you ship us out boxes....lol

ToshaluvsChandler said...

okay so i made this and absolutley loved it! Thanks for the GREAT new recipe.

Nicole H. said...

I made this tonight. I couldn't find the dressing either so used the one that Pam had tried. Did it taste a little sweet to anyone else? We loved it. But I'd like to figure out what that was and not use it. My husband thought it was the tomatoes. I used the italian style though? Any ideas?

EmEaster said...

The roasted red pepper dressing is not sweet. So maybe it was the dressing. Maybe I will have to mail you guys some dressing.