Hello Bloggers!! Firstly, I am new to this blogging thing... so bear with me while I work out any kinks! Secondly, I am a personal trainer so MOST of the recipes I will share will be on the healthier side. I say most, because Sunday is the one day out of the week that I cook what ever my boyfriend, Trent, or I want. Believe me... I LOVE Sunday's for this one reason!! =) And lastly, I've skimmed through some of the recipes posted and can't wait to try some... they all look fantastic!!
Lower Calorie Stuffed Shells
18 jumbo pasta shells
1 package light cream cheese
3/4 to 1 cup skim milk
1/2 or so of cup roasted sweet red peppers diced (I use the kind in the jar)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken breast
2 cups chopped broccoli (can use frozen but I prefer fresh)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Pepper to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Cook Shells and set aside.
Over medium heat melt cream cheese and a little less than half the milk, once smooth add peppers and Parmesan cheese. In a bowl mix about 3/4 of the sauce with the chicken, broccoli, onions, and pepper. Stuff shells with mixture, about 2 or 3 spoon fulls each. Place in baking dish(spray the dish!!) and bake covered for 30 minutes. When finished, I reheat the remaining sauce (usually add a little more milk) and spoon over shells before serving. BEST PART!! 3 prepared shells is under 350 calories!! =)
This is how I first tried out the recipe. Since then, I have added garlic, sherry, and have even melted in some of the laughing cow cheese when low on cream cheese. While in California, I used the base of this recipe but used salmon and dill instead of chicken and broccoli. (Sooo good!) Well I hope those of you that try this enjoy it! Yeah! I did my first blog ever...
6 comments:
yeah Ash! This sounds awesome! I can't wait to try it. I know Pam and I are gonnabe so loving you on here w/ your healthy recipes! Never knew there where diced swet peppers in the jar. Now i have know reason to cheat w/ you on here! Not that i was anyway. lol
Welcome!!! So glad to see more people are feeling comfy posting. Where are you a trainer at? I sure need help. Looking forward to healthy meals. Four kids in five years, bed rest,and just life has been hard on my body ;) Oh and like food that isn't always good for me. LOL
ash i have a great idea for you! I think you shoould start a bootcamp out here for us queen creekers! That would be awesome and help us burn of all this good cookin. I'd sign up.
Great idea! I would love to work out with people I know. i need motivation to work out. I'm not a queen creeker, but I would drive!
even better idea use your creative fitness indulged mind and figure out some great work out that involves us pushing our kids in a stroller. That way we can work out and not have to find a sitter.That would be great!!!
very good low fat healthy option to stuffed shells!
Post a Comment