Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pot Roast AND BBQ Beef Sandwiches

Two easy meals in one shot pot

Super easy pot roast.

Large beef pot roast (I can NEVER remember which kind are best so I always ask the butcher for help)
Carrots
Onion
Potatoes
Package of Lipton onion soup mix

Brown the roast on ALL sides to lock in juices. Toss in CP, with onion soup mix, peal carrots and cut in fours, peal potatoes and cut in fours. Take skin off onion and peal apart. Add water to just cover roast. Then put carrots, onion, and potatoes in. Add more water if it needs it. Everything should be covered. Cook on low until meat falls apart. It usually takes about 8 hours.

I usually get a fairly large roast. I only use two carrots, two potatoes, and one smaller onion. I then take the left over roast out, drain the juices, shred the meat and toss back into CP. Then add favorite BBQ sauce and you have BBQ Beef Sandwiches for the next nights meal. Two easy meals in one pot!!!

No comments: