Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread

* 3/4 cup sugar
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 large eggs
* 1 cup applesauce
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
* 11/4 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 11/2 cups finely shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
* 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
* Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°.
Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed until well blended. Stir in applesauce. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients (through salt), stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating just until moist.Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch
loaf pan coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack, and remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.

4 comments:

Bill and Donna said...

This is my first post, so I was trying it out with my favorite receipe of all time!! It IS a healty receipe, because you get all the great chocolate flavor from the cocoa powder, without a lot of junk in it. The zucchini (which you can't taste in the bread) adds a moistness you won't believe. And, the kids love it!!

Donna-Becca's sister-in-law (MoMelMom)

Becca said...

You're officially a blogger now, welcome to the club! :)
I think I'll give this a try this weekend and let you know how we liked it!

BW said...

I have been looking for a good zucchini bread recipe. I can't wait to try it!

Meghan said...

Warning, warning....this bread is so good you'll be tempted to eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (I also used egg beaters in place of the eggs to cut down on the fat)