Poundish of ground beef or turkey (yes I realize poundish is not a word)
onion
two cans stewed/diced tomatoes (you can use the ones that have green chilies for more flavor)
one can each of the following beans/or really any beans you like ( I use the following and sometimes use more than one can of my favorites)
Dark Red Kidney beans
Light kidney beans
Ranch Style beans
Chili beans
Black Beans
Pinto beans
medium jar of favorite salsa( this is where you can add the heat if you like)
diced green chilies (small can)
Brown meat with half an onion. Pour everything else in crock pot, if you use black beans I suggest draining them first. Everything else just pour in. Season the mixture to your taste. Add meat and onions and let cook on low for a few hours. This is very easy and so yummy. You can add all kinds of things as well. It's REALLY good with tenderloin as the meat. But a bit pricey! Beware, it's got tons of fiber!!!! ;)
We top with cheese and crackers. Great winter time meal. Oh and it freezes well so if you make a ton like I usually do, it can be frozen for an even easier meal another time.
2 comments:
This is by far the best and easiest Chili ever!
Nicole made some for me, gosh- probably 6+ years ago and I have been making it ever since....hugs Diane
I made this a few nights ago, "with turkey". It was REALLY GOOD! My daughter wouldn't eat it though, but thats ok I will keep making it and hopefully she will try it and like it. My husband and I ate it all! "Not all in one night though" LOL. Thanks for sharing this recipe Nicole!
Post a Comment