Thursday, February 28, 2008

Italian Chicken and Vegetable Soup

Love the soup challenge!!

I love soup, I love to make it and eat it.
This is one that I make often because it is 45 minutes to a great healthy meal!


2 tablespoon olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup sliced carrots (about 3 small)
2 medium zucchini - sliced
2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes - any kind, I like to use the roasted garlic
2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth- or stock if you have it
Grated Parmesan

Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Top each serving with grated Parmesan cheese

Because I have such pasta kids, I usually make them some sort of noodle-I just use what I have, but I suppose you could get fancy.

Serves 6-8

2 comments:

Nicole H. said...

So when you making this for me? Honestly can't wait to try this too!

Diane Galarza said...

It's a yummy low-cal meal, I love it. I will make you some, and now you won't have to drive too far :)