Stuffed Crust Pizza
Olive oil
1 Tbls cornmeal
2 pkg 10 oz refrigerated pizza crust
1 pkg 12 oz mozzarella string cheese sticks (12 sticks), divided
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce
1 1/2 ounces pepperoni slices
1 oz fresh parm cheese grated (1/4 cup)
Preheat oven to 425. Spray bottom of Jelly roll pan with olive oil sprinkle with cornmeal. Unroll 1 pkg pizza dough across one end of pan. repeat with remaining dough filling pan. Press dough together in center with fingers to seal.
Place 10 of the string cheese sticks, end to end, around edge of pan on top of dough. Roll edge of dough over cheese making sure to keep covered cheese next to side of pan. firmly pinch dough rolled over to dough under cheese to tightly seal.
spread garlic over dough. spread pizza sauce over dough and slightly up sides. Top with pepperoni. shred remaining two cheese sticks over top and spread parmesan over top. bake 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
I usually just buy shredded mozzarella to save time for the top. I also load my pizza up with veggies in hopes that my kids will get some. It is a fun recipe to let kids help with by adding ingredients to the pizza. It is a favorite around my nieces and nephews.
5 comments:
I know this is gonna sound so silly but what is a jelly roll pan? Hmmmm, does this show how little I cook?
it's just a large cookie sheet. You probably have one.
You just need it to have sides. Sometimes they call it a bar pan. I did not know for a long time either. It was one of things I called my mom about all the time.
made it and loved it. Especially my husband and child who hates pizza but loves cheese! He couldn't resist. Thanks!
Post a Comment