Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tomato Basil Orzo Soup

Tomato - Basil Orzo Soup

1/2 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion

1/8 teaspoon each dried basil,oregano, and thyme

2 TBLS olive oil

1 can (19 oz.) ready to serve tomato basil or hearty tomato soup
1 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta

In small saucepan, saute carrots, celery, onions with basil, oregano and thyme in oil for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.

Add soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in Orzo. reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until orzo and veggies are tender
yields 2 servings. Just double as needed.
I like Progresso tomato basil soup..

I usually serve with Grilled Cheese for the kiddos.

1 comment:

ToshaluvsChandler said...

Another great and tasty week night easy meal! Loved it. A really good twist to the plain ole tomatoe soup. I am a soup girl so this was right up my alley. I am loving all your recipes! Thnaks for contributing suck great meals!