Thursday, February 28, 2008

Honey Lime Marinade for Fish (Weight Watchers) w/ Confetti Corn Salad

  • 1 tsp grated lime zest
  • 1/4 C fresh lime juice
  • 1 Tb. canola oil
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 2 tsp. honey
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 4-4oz. salmon fillets (you can subsititute any Fish, I've used Tilapia too)
  • For salad:
  • 2 C fresh or thawed frozen corn kernels (Trader Joe's has great frozen sweet corn)
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
  • 1/2 C red onion
  • 1/2 C chopped parsley
Combine lime zest, lime juice, oil, garlic, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Put 3 Tbsp. of the lime mixture in a large zip lock bag and add salmon. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag; turn to coat the fish. Refrigerate, turning the bag occasionally, about 30 min.
Spray a broiler rack with nonstick spray, preheat the broiler. (I've bake the salmon at 400 degrees too)
Combine the corn, bell pepper, onion, parsley, and remaining dressing in a medium bowl.
Transfer the salmon from the marinade (discard the marinade) to the boiler rack. Broil 5 inches from the heat until the salmon is just opaque in the center and lightly browned on the outside, about 4 minutes on each side.
275 Calories,10 g. fat, 3 g fiber,27 g protein
Note: I usually make this recipe without the salad and use all the marinade for the Salmon and it's awesome. I have an even better corn salad recipe from Bon Appetit that I can post.

3 comments:

Nicole H. said...

I think I'll really have to try this one. I love fish all the sudden. We have salmon three ways right now. This could be a great change for us.

Meghan said...

You'll really like it if you like any citrus-y. You would never think it was a Weight Watchers recipe. You can use it on any type of fish.

Becca said...

Made this marinade w/ Tilapia. It was so light and delicious!