Okay ladies...my first recipe! Let me preface by saying that I found these and modified them for my family because we had a low-budget week. They have now become a family favorite, and EVERYONE (even the 4 year old eats them). I, too, count every calorie...so I make the "healthy" version which costs a little more.
1 package flour tortillas (I use whole wheat or a whole graim)
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1/2 an onion chopped
3 or 4 garlic cloves chopped
shredded cheddar cheese
Mix the chopped onion and chopped garlic in a medium-heat frying pan with a little bit of olive oil. Let them become translucent in color but don't burn the garlic! Drain the black beans and corn, and add them to the pan. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes. In another pan, heat it to medium heat and add a tortilla flat in it. Spoon some of the mixture into the tortilla, add as much cheese as wanted, and fold over. Cook it for a few minutes on each side. Repeat for as many quesadillas as needed. Serve with some sour cream and salsa.
Super easy, and simple, yet delicious! :) I spice up my black bean mixture with a can of green chiles, garlic powder, and some red pepper flakes. You could add green pepper or red pepper, or whatever floats your boat...
Enjoy!
1 comment:
Sound yummy, and something E might even eat.
Post a Comment